Instructions Following Fillings
- Do not eat or chew until any numbness from anesthesia has worn off.
- If you are supervising a child who has had treatment, make certain that they are not eating or chewing while numb. Please make sure they do not bite their lips or tongue as doing so can cause serious injury to their soft tissue.
- Avoid sticky, crunchy, or hard foods for 24 hours.
- It is normal to be sensitive to hot and cold for a few weeks.
- If you have pain when chewing, which can happen in a few days or even a few weeks later, please call the office. Experiencing this means your bite is off and we need to adjust it. IT WILL NOT adjust itself.
- If you have pain that keeps you awake at night, please call our office. This may indicate a nerve issue.
- Please call our office if you experience pain or discomfort for more than a few days.